Manufactured Home Requirements

Conventional, FHA, VA and USDA Loans

• Manufactured home must be affixed to a permanent foundation and comply with State and jurisdictional requirements for permanent affixation
• Must be classified and taxed as real estate
• Must have an affixed HUD Cert Label and Data Plate evidencing the home was constructed on or after June 15, 1976 in compliance with Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards
• If the original HUD Cert Label or Data Plate is missing from the home, lender is to obtain a letter from the Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) to verify the information contained on the HUD Cert Label or Data Plate
• The unit must not have been previously installed or occupied at other site or location except from the manufacturer or dealer’s lot as a new unit (A Unit cannot have moved Locations)
• The manufactured home must have a floor area of no at least 400 square feet and at least 12 feet wide
• All Wheels, Axle, Hitches have been permanently removed from the Subject Dwelling – The Dwelling must assume the characteristics of site-built housing
• Title 7 Endorsement
• Borrower must own the land on which the manufactured home is situated in Fee Simple, Property can be designated as a Condo providing property meets all Condo Requirements – Lease Hold Estates are not Eligible
• Mutli-Width: Minimum of 2 similar Manufactured Home Comparable sales; third comparable may be site-built or modular home; Appraiser must supplement the best and most appropriate sales available which may include site-built homes
• Single-Width: Minimum of 2 similar Manufactured Home Comparable sales; one of the comparable must be a sale, active listing, or under contract sales with same single-width configuration; third comparable may be site-built or modular home
• The Manufactured Home Appraisal Report (1004C) or Appraisal Completion Report (1004D) must include photos of the HUD Data Plate, HUD Certification Labels, and the sites showing all driveways, sideways, and detached structures located on the site

Conventional and VA Loans

• Any addition or modification must be in compliance with HUD Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards and local State code. Licensed structural engineer certification is required by a licensed engineer who is regulated by the state and is qualified to make the determination

FHA and USDA Loans

• Structural engineer inspection by an engineer or architect, who is licensed/registered in the state where the manufactured home is located, attesting to compliance with the PFGMH (Permanent Foundation Guide for Manufactured Home) Lender may obtain a copy of the foundation certificate from a previous FHA-insured mortgage, showing that the foundation met the guidelines published in the PFGMH that were in effect at the time of the certification provided there are no alterations and/or observable damage to the foundation since the original certification

NOTE: For Singlewide Manufactured Homes with a manufacture date on the HUD Data Plate more than 10 years to the effective date of the Appraisal are not eligible for Financing.

Get the Mortgage Experience
You Deserve with GoPrime Today!

Apply Now